Schezwan Scrambled tofu is hot and garlicky and loaded with veggies and protein. Serve on lettuce or a hoagie and dive in.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red/greeen pepper
- 2 TBSP Shezwan sauce ( more as needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Chop or slice all vegetables in a similar form and size
- Drain and wash tofu and set aside
- In a wok or heavy pan, heat the oil and fry the onion till it softens. Add the celery and peppers and then add mushrooms.
- Once the vegetables soften a little, add the sauce and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Crumble the tofu into the wok and keep stirring/sauteeing until any water from the tofu evaporates and the tofu is well mashed into the sauce
- Adjust seasonings according to taste