Meatless Quesadillas recipe is a Mexican treat with cheese and veggies stuffed in tortillas to make hearty quesadaillas. Try using different meatless stuffings.
- 6-8 tortilla wraps ( Mission 10 inch or home made)
- 1 packet tofu
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar/Jack cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp taco seasoning or chili powder
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Iceberg lettuce
- Remove all preservative liquid off the tofu, wash, press and drain. Mash it roughly with a fork.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick pan and add the chopped garlic. Add the mashed tofu and fry until liquid evaporates. Add the taco seasoning and adjust salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Slice the onion and peppers in long fajita like strips. Heat some more oil in a pan and grill the onions and peppers, a few at a time, until they are charred. Do not crowd the pan. Season after removing from the pan.
- Now take a tortilla wrap and nuke it for 2-3 seconds to soften it. Fold it over until ends meet and unfold. This will give you an idea of how much area is covered by the half wrap.
- Spoon the scrambled tofu mixture on the half part of the tortilla until it evenly covers the surface. Spoon cheese over the tofu similarly.
- Now fold the wrap and gently place it on a hot pan. Press down with a spatula if needed. Adjust the heat to ensure that the tortilla does not burn.
- When the cheese seems to melt slightly, flip over to the other side. The quesadilla is done when the cheese melts and seals the tortilla.
- Serve hot with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.